Welcome
Welcome to midshiresorchardgroup

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Hello

If you are a member of the Mid Shires Orchard Group or a visitor to our Forum, why not introduce yourself here? Tell us about your interests in top fruit and orchards, show off your projects and share your news!

Hello

Postby Matt Parker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi,

Im a new member of the MSOG and look forward to meeting many of you at the upcoming winter events.
I live in Buckingham and whilst always having an interest in apples, this passive following has peaked in recent years, courtesy of the magnificent tree in our garden that produces a bumper crop of the biggest apples I have ever seen.
It is a Howgate Wonder, and whilst somewhat of a common variety I am blown away every summer by the consistency of its output. Remarkable.
Remarkable too is the journey i have been taken on in identifying it, learning about the huge number of apple varieties available and in meeting some great people locally and further afield. To find this established group right on my doorstep is really excellent..

Anyway, this year will see me and my family plant a new Orchard in Cornwall, a place we are very fond of.
We will be planting a number of cornish and west country varieties as well as experimenting with a few more specific to the midlands.
I have access to a good number of established west country trees down there, so if anyone fancies a go at grafting a Ben's Red or a Cornish Aromatic (to name just a couple) and seeing how they get on in the mid shires let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers for now.

Matt
Matt Parker

Re: Hello

Postby mikejonson750 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 am

hi, nice to meet you, I am new here too :D
mikejonson750

Return to Introduce yourself here!